digital camera to recommend? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: digital camera to recommend?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by lim275
    Pls dun buy Fuji 100FD...the camera has all pink band issue although it's the best digicam from Fuji...

    Any Fuji digicam with Super CCD is considered good...
    Would you like to further elaborate? Your statement seem to be contradicting

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Usj14
    Posts
    2,992
    I may be wrong but i have discovered that the end product of all camers are the same, so dont waste too much of money, any camera will do as long as the resolution is of high quality..dont be brand conscious. You end up paying for the brand only.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    I may be wrong but i have discovered that the end product of all camers are the same, so dont waste too much of money, any camera will do as long as the resolution is of high quality..dont be brand conscious. You end up paying for the brand only.
    I begged to differ with you here.... different camera have different processor, thus the output will be different. That's why, you can see that why different camera for same scenery has different exposures, different clarity, different sharpness, etc... ISO played an important role in low light condition scene... and so, camera with Ultra High ISO would have advantage over a RM400 camera
    Last edited by Mammoth; 24-09-2008 at 05:13 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    I may be wrong but i have discovered that the end product of all camers are the same, so dont waste too much of money, any camera will do as long as the resolution is of high quality..dont be brand conscious. You end up paying for the brand only.
    Yes and No....
    However, for budget of RM600.. It won't be too much of a difference in terms of performance.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    533
    if i up my budget to rm800...went to camera shop just now. was recommended:

    - nikon coolpix S210
    - canon ixus 80IS

    dont seem to find any fuji cameras.

    any comments on these two?

    was told that my nikon coolpix (bought it 2 years ago) is already dinosaur. the new nikon is better (my phobia is i cant take indoor and night shots)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Not many shops selling Fuji... the best is try Low Yat.
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    USJ,Selangor,Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by tbearer
    if i up my budget to rm800...went to camera shop just now. was recommended:

    - nikon coolpix S210
    - canon ixus 80IS

    dont seem to find any fuji cameras.

    any comments on these two?

    was told that my nikon coolpix (bought it 2 years ago) is already dinosaur. the new nikon is better (my phobia is i cant take indoor and night shots)
    Do be aware that the digital camera now is still at it's infancy in terms of sensor technology. Newer model will be launch faster n with better specs especially on the iso sensitivity . Nikon's recent coolpix s710 launches comes with iso up to 12800 . Indicative price is usd380.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    143

    Lumix?

    I'm also shopping around to replace my nikon dino.....went to the shop and was recommended the Lumix DMC-FX100. It's already 1 yr old...and the shop trying to clear stock, so only RM999 for a 12MP camera with wide angle Leica lens.

    I compared with the Fuji F50fd, also same price.....putting the 2 cameras together, thot the lumix looks better.

    Anyone with Lumix? Cmmts please?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by terisunny
    I'm also shopping around to replace my nikon dino.....went to the shop and was recommended the Lumix DMC-FX100. It's already 1 yr old...and the shop trying to clear stock, so only RM999 for a 12MP camera with wide angle Leica lens.

    I compared with the Fuji F50fd, also same price.....putting the 2 cameras together, thot the lumix looks better.

    Anyone with Lumix? Cmmts please?
    Lumix.. Get the LX3.. hehhe Rm1500... Superb low light indoor photos....

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USJ6
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by tbearer

    dont seem to find any fuji cameras.
    You can try out Leos Com(03-2161 9950) in Ampang Park. They are selling Fuji cameras at reasonable price. Some compacts hv very high ISO(like ISO6400) but most are not usable after ISO 400 or 800 as the photo tends to be very noisy after that. Even with my Canon G9, I try to stick below ISO 400.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USJ4
    Posts
    1,579
    Folks, sorry for digression...

    I guess its to move on... So I'm planning to sell my SLRs before getting my hands on a DSLR...

    Can someone suggest a good place to sell (Lowyat?) or trade in?

    If anyone here are interested, do let me know...you can check out my listing here http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/uploa...ad.php?t=12756

    Thanks.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    Folks, sorry for digression...

    I guess its to move on... So I'm planning to sell my SLRs before getting my hands on a DSLR...

    Can someone suggest a good place to sell (Lowyat?) or trade in?

    If anyone here are interested, do let me know...you can check out my listing here http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/uploa...ad.php?t=12756

    Thanks.
    U can try YL camera in Pudu Plaza.. or check out www.photomalaysia.com

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    533
    finally settled for nikon S210. got it at rm570. couldnt wait to scout around for a fuji.

    will be taking shots soon and will see how it performs as claimed.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    usj27
    Posts
    7,688
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay

    Can someone suggest a good place to sell (Lowyat?) or trade in?...
    http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

    http://www.photokaki.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

    don't forget to register...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by lim275
    me also vote for Fuji F47...around 680 or less with free 2gb..

    good camera for indoor & outdoor..
    I heard that the best low light camera is F31 but I can't seem to find in market (phone foto shangri la).

    Is F47 better or F50 better in terms of pic quality ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •