Migrating
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 143

Thread: Migrating

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,315

    Migrating

    If you think migration is going to solve your problem, better skip the US and Canada. All you do is end up paying for the US Govt's debt and supporting their old folks. They only want to look for young Rats.

    http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/


    US and Canada Demographic Time Bomb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kompleks Sukan Negara, 3rd row from the right, seat 43F
    Posts
    1,932
    At the moment, migrating is the last thing I want to do. With the new political outlook, I think I am going to ride it out.

    My only worry is...if nothing changed here, I may be too old for them to want me. Thailand is actually a good place to migrate to, IMHO.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baulkham Hills
    Posts
    2,369
    Pls do consider Australia...Grreat people, 1st class infra and transport, good education, great food and nice beaches....Best of all four seasons!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ11
    Posts
    715
    Must be crazy..Australia !!!

    Price of houses super high ..how to buy?

    Exchange rate ..whatever we bring over slash by 1/3

    Have friend gone there still no job...people want local exp. so if you have lots of money/resources to wait it out for months for a job then ok

    Rental like 'dunno what' must queue just to view the house.

    Cannot get driving license must redo all the test again..they don't trust our driving..they mock Malaysian drivers

    heard that any service that is small .... must pay money..no tolong kawan business

    Stay in MALAYSIA ...TANAH TUMPAH NYA DARAH KU

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by chin_wan
    At the moment, migrating is the last thing I want to do. With the new political outlook, I think I am going to ride it out.
    Agreed. I was looking at South Africa and South America last year. Brazil & Argentina are not bad.

    Australia? Nah! The Anglo-Saxon countries are too lazy. Their financial system is screwed up. When the US economy crash, we will see which ones are the dominoes.

    I think these systems will survive - German, Scandinavian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arab, Indian.

    Malaysia?? Dunno. Depends on who is governing. If UMNO ....., I think we are dead ducks. As Raja Petra says, they can't even count.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baulkham Hills
    Posts
    2,369
    No skills/expereince/resources no need go la... stay put in bolehland

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    471
    I agree with Raikonen...Aussie is not that bad la...

    The rule of thumb is, u must secure a job there before u go la and in order to do that u need to get the PRship first.

    My hubby's frd just went there last Dec, got a fairly well-paid job, bought a house and settling down well...for your info, he is not even an Aussie grad (holding American degree) and had never stayed in Aussie until he migrated there.

    Sometime it depends on individual's luck also...i guess

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel sj
    I agree with Raikonen...Aussie is not that bad la...

    The rule of thumb is, u must secure a job there before u go la and in order to do that u need to get the PRship first.

    My hubby's frd just went there last Dec, got a fairly well-paid job, bought a house and settling down well...for your info, he is not even an Aussie grad (holding American degree) and had never stayed in Aussie until he migrated there.

    Sometime it depends on individual's luck also...i guess
    Just jumping from one Rat Race to another.

    If you are going to take the trouble to up your stakes and shift, think like our ancestors.

    Look for a developing country with potential. Fair system.

    Couple of years back, 2 boatloads of Chinese from China went to Brazil. 1000 of them. When they landed, all of them split up. No 2 Chinese in the same town to avoid competing with each other. Same as the Dando principle.

    Today, they are doing well. I met one selling fruit juices. Earning 4 to 5k RM per month. Very happy there.

    Never go to a country with a heavy welfare system that have a pension scheme. They only want you to be a sucker to contribute.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ11
    Posts
    715
    Bottom line migration are meant for the rich.

    Poor fellas ...can only dream of a better life for our kids and ourselves.

    If Malaysia changes for the better and our economic buying power (exchange rate) is strong. ... It is a very good place to be.

    SOmehow I feel ... CHINA is going to the power house... agree with PYWONG

    Anglo-Saxon countries are too lazy. Their financial system is screwed up. When the US economy crash, we will see which ones are the dominoes.
    coming sooner than you think.... then all those migrated want to come back..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    471
    Can u then pls tell me where can I find this idealistic country ? - developing, fair system...

    I think most malaysian (at least I am) are only looking for fairly basic stuff - good welfare system - child care (working parents dont need to hunt and pay sky-roketting babysitting fees), legal rights - to be respected as human, personal security, fair infrastructure - public transport available (at least from home to workplace), national medical insurance !!!

    everyway you go - it's a rat race out there...can't run away from this, can you ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ex-USJ 3
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviers
    Must be crazy..Australia !!!
    xaviers - I guess your friend not so lucky.
    Yes CRAZY ... Australia !!!
    My nephew, two years ago, came home from work and told his family they are packing for Aussie.
    When his parents and wife's parents found out they flip and went ballistic.
    I have to the bad guy and go and talk him out of it.
    Found out he doesn't even have a job waiting there!!!
    Just on his wife aussie degree, he had already applied for migration for his family - wife and 2 pre-teens girls.
    he says it is god's calling!!!!!!

    Thank god I was not successful.
    Today, they are doing very well.
    Materially - Both have good 9 to 5, 5days a week jobs, Have a bungalow, 2 cars, good education for the kids & money growing in the bank.
    and spiritually, with their job being strictly 5 days week,
    Sat is family day and Sunday lord's day where they as family help out their church almost whole day.

    Quote Originally Posted by xaviers
    driving license must redo all the test again..they don't trust our driving..they mock Malaysian drivers
    Look at our drivers behaviour right now and knowing the accident statistics, how can you blame them!

    Quote Originally Posted by xaviers
    heard that any service that is small .... must pay money..no tolong kawan business
    that's call profession and services are rendered up to standards.
    No problem of bocor or collapse roof.
    No you scratch me back I scratch yours.
    No crony or corruptions.
    No 'free lunch'?
    Everybody obeys the rule.
    No one is higher then the law.
    Even the local councilor cannot have higher fence even for security!
    Not even an inch higher!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviers
    Must be crazy..Australia !!!

    Price of houses super high ..how to buy?

    Exchange rate ..whatever we bring over slash by 1/3

    Have friend gone there still no job...people want local exp. so if you have lots of money/resources to wait it out for months for a job then ok

    Rental like 'dunno what' must queue just to view the house.

    Cannot get driving license must redo all the test again..they don't trust our driving..they mock Malaysian driversheard that any service that is small .... must pay money..no tolong kawan business

    Stay in MALAYSIA ...TANAH TUMPAH NYA DARAH KU
    Hey....me being Malaysian I have to tell you most Malaysian drivers are possibily one of the worst in the world...take a look at the number of fatalities, accidents, stupid manoeuvres, tailgating, illegal use of fog lights, don't (know??) even use turning signals, jumping queues, illegal parking, road rage even after breaking the law, road bullies..... and you even dare to defend these type of Malaysian drivers??? Come on, take a look around you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ11
    Posts
    715
    Not defending them... we deserve it ... simply because our enforcement is almost zero ... no one is afraid ..the laws are there. ...

    If we only wake up and see what's out there in the big wide world .. we will realise that we are laughed at..but then there is also ... the potential and how tall we Malaysians can stand on the world stage... ...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel sj
    Can u then pls tell me where can I find this idealistic country ? - developing, fair system...

    I think most malaysian (at least I am) are only looking for fairly basic stuff - good welfare system - child care (working parents dont need to hunt and pay sky-roketting babysitting fees), legal rights - to be respected as human, personal security, fair infrastructure - public transport available (at least from home to workplace), national medical insurance !!!

    everyway you go - it's a rat race out there...can't run away from this, can you ?
    Malaysia is the place for me. I am staying back to effect change.

    The key is to position yourself beyond the Rat Race System. Then it does not really matter where you are. Some places are a bit irritating but you learn to live with it, especially if you understand how the Rat Race System works. It's all part of the game.

    Equanimity. Equanimity.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviers
    CHINA is going to the power house...
    Not sure I want to live in China.

    Environment has gone to the dogs.

    No rule of law.

    Have you checked the Ring of Fire - the earthquake zones?

    Also typhoon zones.

    You should use that to eliminate the countries you don't want to live it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •