Recommend places to purchase digital camera
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Recommend places to purchase digital camera

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    36

    Recommend places to purchase digital camera

    I am planning to buy a digital camera.
    It's a panasonic lumix.
    Any recommendations to where i can have a good deal?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,642
    Look out for offers in Mid Valley. Foto Data, Key color and a few others there usually have offers from time to time. Heard that the Panasonic Lumix L10 will be available soon. Panasonic may go on a nationwide promotional campaign. You may be able to pick up other models at a bargain price or extra freebies.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USJ6
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by jun
    I am planning to buy a digital camera.
    It's a panasonic lumix.
    Any recommendations to where i can have a good deal?
    Hi jun,

    I usually get my camera stuff from Key Color. The other shop that I frequent is Leos Com in Ampang Park. Btw, which Lumix model are you looking at?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    36
    Hi Dreamer,
    I am planning to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33.
    Any other recommendation?
    Btw, where is the location of Key Color and Foto Data?
    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    Quote Originally Posted by jun
    Hi Dreamer,
    I am planning to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33.
    Any other recommendation?
    Btw, where is the location of Key Color and Foto Data?
    Thanks.
    Key Color in midvalley.... on top of MPH
    Foto Data - midvalley, usj taipan (guadian), summit

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly
    Look out for offers in Mid Valley. Foto Data, Key color and a few others there usually have offers from time to time. Heard that the Panasonic Lumix L10 will be available soon. Panasonic may go on a nationwide promotional campaign. You may be able to pick up other models at a bargain price or extra freebies.
    Hi Firefly,
    Can i know roughly when n where is the Panasonic nationwide promotional campaign?
    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pg
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by jun
    Hi Dreamer,
    I am planning to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33.
    Any other recommendation?
    Btw, where is the location of Key Color and Foto Data?
    Thanks.
    I hope you do not mind me asking, cos I am also looking for a small compact camera.....What makes you choose Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33 and not Canon Digital IXUS 860 IS?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by racheljansz
    I hope you do not mind me asking, cos I am also looking for a small compact camera.....What makes you choose Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33 and not Canon Digital IXUS 860 IS?
    Panasonic Lumix is using a better lenz compared to Canon and the ISO sensitivity is also higher.
    Besides that, the price is cheaper compared to Canon.
    Did i answer ur questions?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jun
    Panasonic Lumix is using a better lenz compared to Canon and the ISO sensitivity is also higher.
    Besides that, the price is cheaper compared to Canon.
    Did i answer ur questions?
    I think if u r looking for compact camera ... Fuji 40fd has higher ISO and the best is it won't hurt your pocket very much too ....
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy
    I think if u r looking for compact camera ... Fuji 40fd has higher ISO and the best is it won't hurt your pocket very much too ....
    By comparing Fuji 40fd and Lumix DMC-FX33, the ISO is almost the same.
    But the Lumix is using leica lenz with 4.6-16.4mm focus length.
    However, i found another fuji cam - FinePix F480 quite impressive.
    But the ISO is quite low.
    Any other suggestions?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USJ6
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by jun
    By comparing Fuji 40fd and Lumix DMC-FX33, the ISO is almost the same.
    But the Lumix is using leica lenz with 4.6-16.4mm focus length.
    However, i found another fuji cam - FinePix F480 quite impressive.
    But the ISO is quite low.
    Any other suggestions?
    jun,

    I would personally go for the F40fd. Fuji cameras are known to hv better noise control than Panasonic. Pls. dont judge the ISO by looking at the numbers. You can hv ISO 6400(FX33 in High ISO mode) but mostly likely you won't want to use it cause the photos will be really noisy and not usable. Even dSLR does not hv ISO as high as 6400. I personally hv the Fuji F30(older model) and the Panasonic TZ3 and there is quite a lot of difference in terms of noise handling between the 2. The F30 obviously hv better noise control even at high ISO. Btw, the F40 is currently selling for ~RM900 or less, but this model is kind of obsolete already so it's kinda hard to find. I believe Leos Com in Ampang Park still hv some in stock. My friend just got one from them last month. Try to give them a call.

    Hope this helps.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    jun,

    I would personally go for the F40fd. Fuji cameras are known to hv better noise control than Panasonic. Pls. dont judge the ISO by looking at the numbers. You can hv ISO 6400(FX33 in High ISO mode) but mostly likely you won't want to use it cause the photos will be really noisy and not usable. Even dSLR does not hv ISO as high as 6400. I personally hv the Fuji F30(older model) and the Panasonic TZ3 and there is quite a lot of difference in terms of noise handling between the 2. The F30 obviously hv better noise control even at high ISO. Btw, the F40 is currently selling for ~RM900 or less, but this model is kind of obsolete already so it's kinda hard to find. I believe Leos Com in Ampang Park still hv some in stock. My friend just got one from them last month. Try to give them a call.

    Hope this helps.
    What's their contact number? I am thinking of getting one also ... mind to PM me the phone number?
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,642
    My personnel choice would be the Panasonic. I would skip the Fuji all because of the memory chip. That xD memory is expensive and limited in write speed.

    Yes, I own an Olympus DSLR but I would not buy an Oly P&S for the same reason. It is fortunate that the DSLR have a CF and xD slot.

    The SD chip for the panasonic is cheap and High speed ones are available at a much lower price than any other in the market.

    Also that Leica lens. There is not many comparable and affordable ones in the market.

    My advice is not to judge the picture on the camera's own screen. See the prints. If in doubt, bring along a laptop. Down load and see it on your own screen. buy what you feel is the one that suit your feel and touch and sight. Good luck in your hunt.

    The panasonic promotion would not be limited to 1 or 2 shops. just look out for it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly
    My personnel choice would be the Panasonic. I would skip the Fuji all because of the memory chip. That xD memory is expensive and limited in write speed.
    This Fuji 40fd supports both type of memory card - ie. xD and SD...

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly
    Also that Leica lens. There is not many comparable and affordable ones in the market.
    This I agree with you but if the camera does not have good technology ... the lens would not give you a brilliant output too... Just like I used to have Kodak with Schinider lens (which has a name too)... but the camera cannot produce good results because the technology is lower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly
    My advice is not to judge the picture on the camera's own screen. See the prints. If in doubt, bring along a laptop. Down load and see it on your own screen. buy what you feel is the one that suit your feel and touch and sight. Good luck in your hunt.
    True ... if this is of your convenience .. do it.
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •