Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Croc Sandals

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    4,634

    Croc Sandals

    Folks, if you are thinking of getting a pair of Crocs, try to get it from Penang. I know one shop there where you can get 15% discount. Of course genuine lah! But sorry I cant publish his name here otherwise he may lose his dealership.

    So if you should decide to get any Croc, pm me for contact. Best is to call up first and check if they carry the model, size and colour you want. If he doesnt, you can ask him to get the stock ready for you.

    Happy Crocking!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    625
    I just read about this sandal yesterday on the paper. Patrick, have you owned one alreday ? any feedback ?
    * History is never past. Every day the things people did long ago gather invisibly around us.
    *
    以史为鉴,可知兴替。前事不忘,后事之师。

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    กรุงเทพ เมืองไทย ครับ / Subang Jaya / Bukit Bintang / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,520
    there are many imitation ones... and they look and feel almost the same...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    USJ23
    Posts
    1,860

    Sandals for the Kitchen

    The first time I saw the "Croc" Sandals was a few years back at a Food & Hotel Show. I was thinking to myself, smart guys it was a good replacement for the "clogs" that were used by the chefs in the kitchens. It was only available in 2 colours at that time if I am not mistaken.

    Then somehow it took the market by storm and now Tom, Dick and Harriet wants a pair to walk on the streets with. Especially the children.

    Now, whenever I see someone walking around in a pair, original or otherwise, I would wonder if they were in the food service business.

    =
    =
    =
    =
    Live long and prosper - Tuvok
    Live in USJ23 - Robert
    And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    625
    what attracted me in the paper's description was such : the sole made of resin is able to transform with the foot temperature to map the foot contour of the wearer.. is this true ?
    * History is never past. Every day the things people did long ago gather invisibly around us.
    *
    以史为鉴,可知兴替。前事不忘,后事之师。

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house on a hillside
    Posts
    5,425
    My chiropractor (Back in Motion, at PJS10) recommends them (and sells them) for a few reasons...

    -conforms to the foot for better support of spine
    -light
    -resin is antibacterial and therefore, odourless
    -easy to clean
    -solid and reliable

    Cheers, m
    The world needs more Canada

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USJ 20
    Posts
    20
    Dont own a "croc". But tried on them at the store. It is damn light. It feels like you are wearing nothing. Even the imitation ones feels just the same.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick
    Folks, if you are thinking of getting a pair of Crocs, try to get it from Penang. I know one shop there where you can get 15% discount. Of course genuine lah! But sorry I cant publish his name here otherwise he may lose his dealership.

    So if you should decide to get any Croc, pm me for contact. Best is to call up first and check if they carry the model, size and colour you want. If he doesnt, you can ask him to get the stock ready for you.

    Happy Crocking!!
    Patrick, are u talking about this crocs product? Looked very fashionable.. My mum just got a pair from Penang. Not sure it's imitation but it sure very light & helped her..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    13,830
    Err...those that we used to wear with wooden sole in the old days..."khek" in canton...is that similar?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    subang jaya
    Posts
    200
    there is a report this croc sandals can sometimes stuck on the elevators in the complex and pose a danger to the users especially the children ,they may fall.Tell me i am wrong.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex SS14, Now Penang
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by sinleong
    there are many imitation ones... and they look and feel almost the same...

    If immitations are quite similar then why buy the ridiculously expensive "genuine" ones? Maybe you can get genuine immitation ones from Bangkok!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    So, anyone can share how to differentiate the genuine from the immitation? As usual lar...everything has the shadow ... so, the immitation is just like the shadow of genuine.
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    USJ23
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by patwon
    there is a report this croc sandals can sometimes stuck on the elevators in the complex and pose a danger to the users especially the children ,they may fall.Tell me i am wrong.
    Yes, it happened in Singapore and was reported in the newspapers.

    =
    =
    =
    =
    =
    Live long and prosper - Tuvok
    Live in USJ23 - Robert
    And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USJ 9
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Guy
    If immitations are quite similar then why buy the ridiculously expensive "genuine" ones? Maybe you can get genuine immitation ones from Bangkok!!
    Yeah, I bought 4 pairs of Croc (for my wife, 2 children and myself) from Bangkok last year. It is very durable and comfortable. Good for shopping and walking.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    4,634

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Life Ranger
    I just read about this sandal yesterday on the paper. Patrick, have you owned one alreday ? any feedback ?
    Not sure which aspects of feedback you are looking for. The main reason I bought the croc is the selling point on "antibacterial and therefore, odourless". I have nasty sweat such that if I sweat in socks, bare feet its ok. But if I sweat in sandals etc, it stinks! Even I find it repulsive. As such, I wear socks most of the time. But sometimes I like to be really casual and yet not repulsive. Hence I tried the Crocs. And it works!! So far...so good! I still sweat but no odour! What do you know!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •