Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: KLIA voted best airport in the world!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by jianna
    Airports Council International (ACI) - an umbrella body representing the major airports in the world - has voted KLIA as the world's best airport in the 15-25 million passengers category.

    And in the rankings for best airports overall, regardless of passenger volumes, KLIA beat Changi by coming in 3rd (Changi was 4th) after Seoul Incheon and HK's Chek Lap Kok.

    Which has led to plenty of angst in Spore!!!!!
    U'll feel better after reading this survey by Skytrax

    The Top 10 Airports in the world for 2006 (by Skytrax)

    1. Singapore Changi Airport
    2. Hong Kong Int'l Airport
    3. Munich Airport
    4. Kansai International Airport
    5. Seoul Incheon Airport
    6. KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport
    7. Helsinki Vantaa Airport
    8. Zurich Airport
    9. Dubai International Airport
    10. Copenhagen Airport

    Changi Airport is No.1 & KLIA is ranked only 6th

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    Dont know about the rest.... Changi, HK,Kansai beats KLIA anytime....my choice

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by KakiLang
    U'll feel better after reading this survey by Skytrax

    The Top 10 Airports in the world for 2006 (by Skytrax)

    1. Singapore Changi Airport
    2. Hong Kong Int'l Airport
    3. Munich Airport
    4. Kansai International Airport
    5. Seoul Incheon Airport
    6. KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport
    7. Helsinki Vantaa Airport
    8. Zurich Airport
    9. Dubai International Airport
    10. Copenhagen Airport

    Changi Airport is No.1 & KLIA is ranked only 6th
    Yet another survey - Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2006
    (http://www.cntraveller.com/ReadersAwards/2006/Airports/) for world's best airports:

    1. Dubai International 89.67%
    2. Hong Kong Intl 87.92%
    3. Changi 85.71%
    4. KLIA 83.92%
    5. Heathrow Terminal 4 81.98%

    Only 1.79 percentage points difference between Changi and KLIA.

    The point is, I think, that there are so many surveys and rankings - ACI, Skytrax, Conde Nast Traveller etc - and KLIA manages consistently to finish within the top 10, top 6 or top 5.

    Not bad for a much-maligned airport, I would have thought!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    1,268
    It was really a sad sight at KLIA when I was there few days ago. It looks deserted and we were the only group in such a big airport. Hours before that, i was looking at plane landing at another airport at an interval of about 3 minutes. I could see planes queuing up in the sky to land. Few days before, I was at SFO, counting how many planes queueing before us getting ready to take off!

    These days, I asked myself, "why this particular race die die must champion their race, even when their leaders are destroying this country, don't they have any patriotism at all?Don't they have any love for this country?" I just visited a friend earlier, he told me, he felt so sad and 'heart sick' about the sorry state of this country even though he will be giving up his citizenship soon. He was one of several friends who advised us to leave Malaysia more than 2 decades ago.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennylim View Post
    ...These days, I asked myself, "why this particular race die die must champion their race, even when their leaders are destroying this country, don't they have any patriotism at all?Don't they have any love for this country?" I just visited a friend earlier, he told me, he felt so sad and 'heart sick' about the sorry state of this country even though he will be giving up his citizenship soon. He was one of several friends who advised us to leave Malaysia more than 2 decades ago.
    They do all this to safeguard their existing benefits and to ensure they can continue to enjoy what they are enjoying now..

    May not directly related to race. I think anyone from any race will do the same thing when the price is right..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennylim View Post
    ...I just visited a friend earlier, he told me, he felt so sad and 'heart sick' about the sorry state of this country even though he will be giving up his citizenship soon. He was one of several friends who advised us to leave Malaysia more than 2 decades ago.
    Just curious, is your friend doing better than you in his current place... ??

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    IMO, Migration is nearly always a the best route any individual for the objective of another optimistic future. BUT!..there's a few criteria one must meet or live up to indefinitely.
    In a nutshell when there:
    1) Enough finance to see you through to live and survive over there. Better still if you secure a job and its a better deal anytime over what was or available to you here. Remember, you're wanting to go to another country which you presume is hugely better than here, so there's obviously more challenges and different culture to deal with.
    2) Able to blend in with that community or society. Its not an easy matter, your upbringing, mindset and your own personal culture can dictate how you may or not blend in there and live more happily than your place of origin.
    3) Able to tolerate forever whatever shortcomings and miss what you thought was best over here. Never think or presume its just a simple place swap and live happily ever after. Different people, different fortunes and future.

    Lastly, for most Malaysians in this situation, migration is NOT an option for numerous reasons. I need not state the obvious or sensitive reasons.

    One example, I have a lady friend (FB friend too and seeing her everyday activities and quality of life) who married a US Citizen (also see many of her happy Malaysian friends (same aged I guess) who're married to US citizen), living there now indefintely and extremely happy with life there, and blended into society too. Its not too long ago this happened, only some years ago. I know her well since childhood and I was confident of her success due to the factor of her upbringing, culture and character making it all easy.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    IMO, Migration is nearly always a the best route any individual for the objective of another optimistic future. BUT!..there's a few criteria one must meet or live up to indefinitely.
    In a nutshell when there:
    1) Enough finance to see you through to live and survive over there. Better still if you secure a job and its a better deal anytime over what was or available to you here. Remember, you're wanting to go to another country which you presume is hugely better than here, so there's obviously more challenges and different culture to deal with.
    2) Able to blend in with that community or society. Its not an easy matter, your upbringing, mindset and your own personal culture can dictate how you may or not blend in there and live more happily than your place of origin.
    3) Able to tolerate forever whatever shortcomings and miss what you thought was best over here. Never think or presume its just a simple place swap and live happily ever after. Different people, different fortunes and future....
    4) Weather. I am pretty sure if I decide to live somewhere, the freaking hot and humid weather here is the main reason I make such decision...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    4) Weather. I am pretty sure if I decide to live somewhere, the freaking hot and humid weather here is the main reason I make such decision...
    Hehehehe, right now it's 18c here & windy, need a beanie for my coconut.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Hehehehe, right now it's 18c here & windy, need a beanie for my coconut.
    Wow, 18 deg C. How nice..

    I am sitting in my armchair now, 21 deg C. Not bad ah !!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    Wow, 18 deg C. How nice..

    I am sitting in my armchair now, 21 deg C. Not bad ah !!
    Yes, with full blast from the air-conc

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    4) Weather. I am pretty sure if I decide to live somewhere, the freaking hot and humid weather here is the main reason I make such decision...
    You also have 4 seasons here.
    Floods, Haze, Very Dry Spell, Very Rainy..lately all go out of control and disastrous. Hopefully earthquakes or tremors which can cause some loss or undesired effect later on isn't a 5th season.

    Speaking of weather, at Guangzhou and Shenzhen, its also hot, humid and rainy in mid year but then it doesn't scorch you like it does here. Here?, if you stand in the sun for an hour...your skin is roasted soon enough.
    I've no idea how cold it could be in Winter months as I've only been there once. It should be similar to Hong Kong.
    Whatever one's choice...everyone have enough reasons to think how to enjoy a better quality of life over there after migration than here. I wish I had gone long ago if I knew whats to become of this place. REGRET LIKE SHIT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •