Sarawak Laksa recommendation anyone? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Sarawak Laksa recommendation anyone?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooty View Post
    I understand your concerns. How about some clues?
    Sounds like Alex..............

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Let me think it out 1st.....
    Can can...but don't take too long in case I make the mistake of ordering a half baked dish there! Think along the lines of floor space, 'landmarks', font on signboard, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Sounds like Alex..............
    That is a good clue!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by LMei View Post
    Restoran Unlimited in SS14 has pretty good Sarawak Laksa as well.

    Hi, does anyone know where they have moved to? We went last Sunday looking for it and was told they have moved. Even the curry laksa uncle is no longer there.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Subang
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by terisunny View Post
    Hi, does anyone know where they have moved to? We went last Sunday looking for it and was told they have moved. Even the curry laksa uncle is no longer there.
    Ya. So sad. No more Sarawak laksa in Subang.
    A wise man refrains from talking but a fool utters rubbish.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USJ15
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by LMei View Post
    Ya. So sad. No more Sarawak laksa in Subang.
    How does Sarawak laksa taste like? I haven't eaten a bite of it before. Looking at a picture of the dish..well, my saliva doesn't drip off my chin somehow. I don't know why. Maybe it's the presentation? hahaha.
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." --- Confucius

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by LMei View Post
    Ya. So sad. No more Sarawak laksa in Subang.
    really sad. totally regret not getting their mobiles. now, we're without laksa fix. Luckily there's still Sarawak House at SS15, for our kampua/kolok mee fix.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Hock Hin (SS19/6) has a new stall selling Sarawak Laksa. I am not sure if it tastes genuine or not. Perhaps, you will like to go over and try. It is RM7 per bowl
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Hock Hin (SS19/6) has a new stall selling Sarawak Laksa. I am not sure if it tastes genuine or not. Perhaps, you will like to go over and try. It is RM7 per bowl
    Is that place we went to?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Nope, the one we went to was Choy Kee for the currymee. This coffeeshop is on the opposite side of the main road on the same block as Sports Toto NFO.
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Nope, the one we went to was Choy Kee for the currymee. This coffeeshop is on the opposite side of the main road on the same block as Sports Toto NFO.
    Yes, that's what I think, very near there

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Subang
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Hock Hin (SS19/6) has a new stall selling Sarawak Laksa. I am not sure if it tastes genuine or not. Perhaps, you will like to go over and try. It is RM7 per bowl
    It's the same guy from SS14. But looks like he changed menu. No more Kolo mee.
    A wise man refrains from talking but a fool utters rubbish.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    So, it is the genuine stuff then !!
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    4,634
    There is a reasonably good Sarawak Laksa in Mei Sek in USJ 14, close to Petronas. The Laksa here is very popular and is sold out fast everyday. So do go a bit early. She also sells Kolok mee. Enjoy !!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Subang
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    How does Sarawak laksa taste like? I haven't eaten a bite of it before. Looking at a picture of the dish..well, my saliva doesn't drip off my chin somehow. I don't know why. Maybe it's the presentation? hahaha.
    sarawak laksa.jpg
    A wise man refrains from talking but a fool utters rubbish.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    143
    Thanks Bibimbap & LMei! Wl be there this wkd.

    ps. Who said usj.com.my is boring? It's still the best source of info for all things Subang!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •