Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: 10 Malaysians to watch in 2006

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA/Singapore/Malaysia
    Posts
    1,960

    10 Malaysians to watch in 2006

    According to the Spore Straits Times today , these are:

    (1) PM Abdullah
    (2) Ex-PM Mahathir
    (3) Anwar Ibrahim
    (4) Tony Fernandes
    (5) Nicol David
    (6) Mawi
    (7) Husam Musa
    (8) Khairy Jamaluddin
    (9) Koh Tsu Koon
    (10)Nazir Razak

    Somewhere in this list is, I suspect, a future PM of Msia. And I don't mean Tony, Nicol or Koh


    The Singgies are well-known to keep a close eye on developments in Msia, so whoever the Spore papers pick as Msians to watch would get some pretty close scrutiny.

    Merry Christmas, everyone. And may 2006 be a good year for one and all!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,266
    Lets guess the next Prime Minister

    1) Rahman
    2) Abdul Razak
    3) Hussein Onn
    4) Mahatir
    5) Ahmad Badawi
    6) N ????

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USJ 2
    Posts
    535
    Don't forget Mawi!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    1,584
    I am sorry, but who is "Tony Fernandes"?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Batu Ferringhi
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by burntan
    I am sorry, but who is "Tony Fernandes"?
    I'm not sure if you're serious or you are digging at Tony Fernandez?

    If its the former, I would say "Hey, where have been burying your head man?"

    If you're taking a dig at Tony Fernandez, then I think you might be wrong he is not one to watch. Come this week, Singapore is going to name him in the "2005 : Who's nice and Who's Naughty?" and I'm sure he would be voted as 'nice'...

    If you spend enough time in Singapore and mingle with the folks there, Tony Fernandez's constant comments on 'level-playing field' against Singapore Ministry of Transport is making loads of people sit up.

    With 100 new A320 planes in his hands and the National Airlines in such deep ****, I am sure is among the Top 10 Malaysians to watch....

    Hey, where's Najib? His brother is in there but where is he? You mean the folks at Singapore's Straits Times don't think he is significant enough to be on the list?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA/Singapore/Malaysia
    Posts
    1,960
    GreenBug

    I think that the tea leaves have spoken They have seen the future and some people may be disappointed!

    Having said that, the Singgies are pretty astute observers as far as Msia is concerned. So if the Spore Straits Times has selected its "hit list", I will bet that a lot of people, not least in Putrajaya, will be factoring it into their calculations (and, no, that does not include Koh, Tony or Nicol )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    390
    tony fernandes is good...juz look at air asia ! mawi? nono! he cant sing! juz like daniel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Batu Ferringhi
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgalahad2010
    GreenBug

    I think that the tea leaves have spoken They have seen the future and some people may be disappointed!

    Having said that, the Singgies are pretty astute observers as far as Msia is concerned. So if the Spore Straits Times has selected its "hit list", I will bet that a lot of people, not least in Putrajaya, will be factoring it into their calculations (and, no, that does not include Koh, Tony or Nicol )
    Good observation Sir Galahad! I take this "list" published in the S'pore ST quite authoritatively. Hmmmm.... DSAI on the list, even KJ, but where is DPM duh?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Batu Ferringhi
    Posts
    2,355
    Errr Sir Galahad, why was Koh Tsu Koon on the list for? Cn't remember... although the other Penangite on the list NICOL DAVID clearly was a shoo-in, I am not sure why this other guy was slotted in the list? Maybe to watch him in 2006 if he would still continue to give the greenlight to build those dildo-looking (with bunga raya tips) structures at roundabout at RM500,000 a piece or clean up 'dirty Penang' or help reduce the traffice congestions.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house on a hillside
    Posts
    5,425

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBug

    Hey, where's Najib? His brother is in there but where is he? You mean the folks at Singapore's Straits Times don't think he is significant enough to be on the list?
    I saw Najib's brother once. I think he looks a bit like the President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf.

    It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison

    The world needs more Canada

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Batu Ferringhi
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by AllUrban
    I saw Najib's brother once. I think he looks a bit like the President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf.

    It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison

    Which brother? And give me one good reason why would it make my day to see one, leave alone two, or three of them, in a side-by-side comparison? I better go watch my National Geographic loh....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    MPSJ tax payer
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBug
    Good observation Sir Galahad! I take this "list" published in the S'pore ST quite authoritatively. Hmmmm.... DSAI on the list, even KJ, but where is DPM duh?
    Yes authoritative until they put Koh Tsu Koon in there. What has KTK done and accomplish the last 3 years to warrant him to be on the list. He has been misquoted a few times. And he has go into his cocoon on all occasion like his fellow Gerakan,MCA,MIC bro/sis. Singapore doesn't know it all.Do they see him to perform well in the next few years cos he will be the Gerakan President?Well guess they know something that most of us in Malaysia don't about KTK. Najib should be on the list IMHO. Mawi? Go and have some Mamee folks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin23
    tony fernandes is good...juz look at air asia ! mawi? nono! he cant sing! juz like daniel
    I'm sorry that you got it wrong, Daniel is on track to be a great singer in the world of chinese music! His 2nd album is doing alright!

    back to the topic... Mahathir, Tony and Nicol are are proven success story ...

    others... nothing to show!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgalahad2010
    According to the Spore Straits Times today , these are:

    (1) PM Abdullah
    (2) Ex-PM Mahathir
    (3) Anwar Ibrahim
    (4) Tony Fernandes
    (5) Nicol David
    (6) Mawi
    (7) Husam Musa
    (8) Khairy Jamaluddin
    (9) Koh Tsu Koon
    (10)Nazir Razak

    Somewhere in this list is, I suspect, a future PM of Msia. And I don't mean Tony, Nicol or Koh


    The Singgies are well-known to keep a close eye on developments in Msia, so whoever the Spore papers pick as Msians to watch would get some pretty close scrutiny.

    Merry Christmas, everyone. And may 2006 be a good year for one and all!

    in what particular issues should they be watched for?...i know reason for no. 1 & 2, but what about others?....esp Mawi.....yucks..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BANDAR PUCHONG JAYA
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ameer shah
    in what particular issues should they be watched for?...i know reason for no. 1 & 2, but what about others?....esp Mawi.....yucks..
    Beside his "money pulling power" talent, Mawi is also well known for his "crowd pulling power", and when it come to ability to pull the crowd, politicians, from both sides, want to endear themselves to him, as demonstrated by Nik Aziz recently.
    Do you know that Mamie actually increased their sales by more than 200% after they put the photos of Mawi and his buddies (Amelia & Felix) on their instant mee wrapper. I heard that advertisers are lining up to sign them to do endorsement for other products.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •