PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers Needed!!



djharris
22-08-2006, 03:14 AM
Dear friends..I am in the midst of a huge project and I need volunteers from around Klang Valley..preferably with own transport..

Here are some info before u wanna be a VOLUNTEER:

- must love music
- must love charity work
- can work weekends and some Wednesdays(for a roadshow)
- f&b provided
- not salary but a small fee as token wil be given at the end of the project
- girls & guys are welcomed
- t-shirt provided
- 18 ABOVE..

Here's some info on the project:-

Its a fund raising project organised by PICCADILLY COMMUNITY (for those who do not know about PICCADILLY, go to www.piccadilly.com.my) and we are raising funds for the Selangor Girl Guides Association. The main event will be on the 25th November 2006 at BANGSAR AVENUE where we will host a party with participation from ZAINAL ABIDIN, SHEILA MAJID, AFDLIN SHAUKI, ADIBAH NOOR and many more artiste (hopefully more artiste will join in).

We are selling tickets for public to buy (20% of the ticket sales will proceed to the Girl Guides Association) and we shall be going around the Klang Valley to hold a roadshow promoting this event. Roadshow venues will be at makan places/hangouts with approximately 10 cars, some superbikes and a lot of music..

so..if any of u are interested to be a volunteer, there shall be a briefing for you volunteers at Bangsar Mutiara (our base office) on WEDNESDAY @ 9pm..

Those interested, please email me your details at harrisandria@gmail.com before Wednesday 4pm or call me direct at 0126254110.

The more the merrier they say..we need about 20 volunteers for the roadshow and 20 more on the day of the event.

Its a charity event so,please dont hope for much in return coz "AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO MANKIND IS AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO GOD"

Thank you..

tupai
26-08-2006, 01:28 AM
sorry ah..i am blur sotong...if only 20% goes to the girl's..what appenin' to the 80%? and labour lagi free...must be a 'profiable' venture here :p

yang amat blur sotong lato tupai

Teeque
26-08-2006, 03:50 AM
my thoughts exactly...

pcyeoh
27-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Its a charity event so,please dont hope for much in return coz "AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO MANKIND IS AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO GOD"

Thank you..
I went to the website to find out more but there is nothing there to convince me that this is a good cause. They are taking us for a ride.....literally. This PICCADILLY COMMUNITY is nothing but a bunch of happy go lucky youngsters looking for some fun and along the way hoping that suckers like us would volunteer to help them raise funds for what. "AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO MANKIND IS AN ACT OF KINDNESS TO GOD" I just don't understand this quote as it misuses God's name. When is the Selangor Girl Guides Association needing charity and for what. I thought the Selangor Girl Guides Association actually do charity besides community service. PICCADILLY COMMUNITY is just slightly better than the other outsourcing charity fund raiser for the Kidney Foundation where they only give 10% of what they collected to them and pocket the other 90% when it should be the othe way round.