PDA

View Full Version : Scary Salesman show method to open car lock



cactuc1
08-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Fren work nearby Allianze bank HQ in kl..so park car in parking area nearby in morning ..Then went coming out from car , 3 salesman approach fren and introduce a new product tat will made the proton car more safer from thief..

:eek: Then one salesman demonstrate how to open the car door without key.

1. First remove the rubber lining and then use a simple 30cm ruler..Wahlauyeah he opened the door lock successfully..

2. Second method then , salesman use a wayar , poke underneath the car handle ..Click , door open again!!..In both eg , the car door was lock.

Scare my fren , then they introduce they product that cost rm400++ , that will seal the entry points in fren' car. Fren ask for business card and location of workshop so later can bring car for fix if want..But they don want give and only said offer available now only and can be done on the spot..The product somekind of sealant according to fren..End story fren refused , because where got money on the spot?..So fren said thank you bye bye go work.
Later anxious , fren come check car during lunch time..THank God car still there..

LAter later , we tried the methods on another proton car , but not succeffull mimic car open magic . Not so simple.

Anyone got similar experience?...

----------------------------------------------
‘to hate is more painful than to be hated’ by unknown

fatslab
08-12-2005, 01:04 AM
LAter later , we tried the methods on another proton car , but not succeffull mimic car open magic . Not so simple.

Anyone got similar experience?...

----------------------------------------------
‘to hate is more painful than to be hated’ by unknown


:D If Mon were here she will sure laugh like mad. Anyway, i've seen this last last time long ago. Just a matter of using thin objects to access to the mechnical trigger. If i'm not mistaken, these protection kit can be obtained at cheaper price from accessories shop. Ask your friend to check around first.

jessi24
08-12-2005, 04:02 AM
I don't know about proton but it should work the same way as for perodua cars. It is just some metal pieces fixed inside the door blocking any objects from being inserted and disabling the lock. Don't believe it would cost as much as RM400. I got mine done for RM190 but for proton could be a bit more expensive. Any accessory shops should have it.

fedup
08-12-2005, 07:41 AM
:p :p Grow up Malaysia Boleh. why bother to buy insurance if you are becoming a slave to your car. Remember that if you buy Proton or produa you are getting the best product in the world. just don't leave any valuables in the car when you are not driving. You are no match to those car thieves. If they are desperate enough they can either rob you or just tow it away. Grow up Bolehans & ketuanans just install a normal alarm & that's it. ( most alarms is just to justy to the insurance company) :p :p

jack10dd
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
HELLO ALL ,


after taking the car from showroom, went to kedai tyre , my info already passed on this guy , dunno who , maybe the salesman, then this fellow followed me from the back, I also dunno , half way changing the tyre , after finish , park outside the shop, car locked , went to pay and balik , saw this guy say from security company intro to me,


car is locked , less then 3 min, car open , with ruler , credit card , and the car is started and running. I am STILL holding the keys. He said the gear lock he can saw/ potong in 2 min only.

After that he pasang metal bracket , cost me RM500 , all done in 1.5 hrs , all 4 doors, front n back. He called his kawan, within like 5 min, 4 fellow came in the car and pasang ,what i mention.


He ask me want "immobiliser" ke , I say tak payah . ..its another RM500.


Next time , car get lost , its not only the car jackers but also these smart salesman too.

One more thing he said, now its onlt 95 % safe. The other 5% is being towed by the tow truck or worse the MPPJ or MPSJ lads.


have a bombastic day !!!!!

TAILOR YOUR LIFE ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS AND NOT YOUR WIMPS!

alexhay
08-12-2005, 10:12 AM
HELLO ALL ,


after taking the car from showroom, went to kedai tyre , my info already passed on this guy , dunno who , maybe the salesman, then this fellow followed me from the back, I also dunno , half way changing the tyre , after finish , park outside the shop, car locked , went to pay and balik , saw this guy say from security company intro to me,


car is locked , less then 3 min, car open , with ruler , credit card , and the car is started and running. I am STILL holding the keys. He said the gear lock he can saw/ potong in 2 min only.

After that he pasang metal bracket , cost me RM500 , all done in 1.5 hrs , all 4 doors, front n back. He called his kawan, within like 5 min, 4 fellow came in the car and pasang ,what i mention.


He ask me want "immobiliser" ke , I say tak payah . ..its another RM500.


Next time , car get lost , its not only the car jackers but also these smart salesman too.

One more thing he said, now its onlt 95 % safe. The other 5% is being towed by the tow truck or worse the MPPJ or MPSJ lads.


have a bombastic day !!!!!

TAILOR YOUR LIFE ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS AND NOT YOUR WIMPS!

wah RM500 arr....u give me that amount and I can do it for you...p/s : it only cost about rm120 - 150 to do it at an accessories shop...for immoboliser...cost around 100+ can do it already...hmmmm

adriene
08-12-2005, 03:40 PM
wah RM500 arr....u give me that amount and I can do it for you...p/s : it only cost about rm120 - 150 to do it at an accessories shop...for immoboliser...cost around 100+ can do it already...hmmmm


alex, wah only rm120-150 for immobiliser? where did u get it done?

alexhay
09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
i did not do it at my car...anyway...my car is an old junk...;) even can use a normal house key to open the door and start the engine..;) that price is from what i heard from a friend..... need to check it out lorr...;)

CoryFan
12-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

The ruler and wire technique works on most car, not just perodua and proton. I did it once with my mazda when I left my key in the car and locked the door (but can't remeber what did I used already liao :D ).

For immobiliser, fit those "active" one, which mean after certain time u don't start the car after u press the button on the remote. Or it will also "active" after u left the car for certain time.

Cheers ;)